Monday, March 29, 2010

It is a beautiful Monday here in Northern Michigan! The sun is shining and the temp is trying to reach 60. Time to break out the sun tan lotion!

I have put my little man down for a nap and my big man is running errands so now would be a good time to take a moment to explain the newest craziness of my life. We moved this last weekend. That in itself isn't so amazing. Everyone moves, BUT this is the 7th time I've moved in 2 and 1/2 years. That also is not such a big deal, lots of military families move that much, even though we're not military. (Unless you count marriage as a constant battle field HAHA) I digress...
So, we moved across town. We knew we were moving a month ago and we decided to fix up the place we were moving into. It needed new drywall, it needed closets (not one closet in the whole house!) and it needed a bath tub (only had a shower) and it needed a new kitchen. All that can get done in a month right? Nope, not for us. We gave our landlord notice we'd be out by the 26th and I started packing, Seth started remodeling. I won by getting done first, and I can assure you it was no photo finish. To understand what I'm about to say I should describe in full detail my new house.

It used to be an old church so the front part is just a very large, open room with windows all down the sides. Right next to where the "platform" used to be is a door that leads to the back of the house. Years ago the back was converted into an apartment. That is the part we're remodeling. (for now. We'll fix the front up later) The "apartment" is quite large. It has 3 bedrooms and a bath. I'll put pictures up soon. The problem is that every inch of the apartment is ripped up. We tore out all the old drywall and are putting in new. The kitchen is totally ripped out and so is the bathroom. All that is in there right now is studs and a lot of dust and dirt. We'd already given our notice to our landlords that we'd be out so what do we do? We move into the large, open room. Seth divided the large, open room in half. He took all our boxes and stacked them from floor to ceiling perpendicular to the walls so we have a privacy wall shielding us from the eyes of workers that are helping remodel the house. On the "house" side of the boxes we set up our bed, a couch, and Seth's desk. It's very cozy. Oh, I forgot, in the large, open room there are two small rooms off to the side. One is a bathroom (with no shower or tub, just the bare necessities.) And the other was used for a tiny office. I made it into Don's room. His crib and toys are all in there and he seems to enjoy his little kingdom. I'm sure you're wondering how we shower and eat. We don't. Just kidding. =D I drive to my in-laws every morning and shower then I prepare our dinner and bring it back to the house. For lunch we just have sandwiches. So, I'm camping INdoors! Hopefully in the next two days our shower will be installed so I can at least shower here. None of this is very hard except I miss cooking. I LOVE to cook. I'll probably cook for 2 weeks straight when I finally get a kitchen back.

In my life you never know what is next...keep "tuned" for more wacky stories. I always have some up my sleeve.
Sarah Beth

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah Beth!
    I love you soo super much! you are such a beautiful lady, inside and out! I am so happy that you married my brother :)
    ~luv ya sis
    Tia ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, thanks Tia. =D I am happy I married your brother too. I got the best, that's for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I love you too, so super much *grin

    ReplyDelete