Tuesday, March 30, 2010

There's a banana in my bed!

My husband is a hard worker but when he crashes it takes an act of major Divine interference to get him up before he's ready. Usually Seth goes to bed around 11 and is up between 6 and 7:30. This morning he wanted to sleep in. I've described our sleeping arrangements at the moment so sleeping in isn't really easy with a Little Alarm Clock who is an early riser himself. (Don, incase you couldn't guess) At 6 this morning Donnie started talking. I ignored his babbling and prayed he would go back to sleep. No such luck. By 7 his talking was turning into very demanding wails. So, I got myself up and we started our normal morning routine - diaper change, tickle fight, change from jamma's to day clothes. By the time all that was done it was about 7:30. Don started tearing around our "living room"/bedroom. He was saying "um! um!" Um is his universal word for all things edible. I had some bananas that were to be our breakfast. I don't have a high chair in my new living space. It is packed somewhere in the gigantic wall of boxes that makes up my privacy wall. I gave Donnie his banana and let him loose. Don has some OCD tendencies. One of them is that he will never eat anything if it's in just one hand. He has to have equal amounts of food in each hand. Armed with half of a banana in each hand he began painting my couches and carpet with the smeary mess. No problem, it wipes up just fine. I went to my bathroom to try and freshen up for the day. When I came back out Donnie was snuggling so sweetly into my empty spot of the bed. It was very adorable. I forgot to check where the bananas went...

When I came back out into the living area Donnie attached himself to my side. We were being kind of loud and so Seth who was still pretending to sleep rolled over to get comfortable. All of a sudden he shot out of bed like he had been electrocuted! Donnie and I were both staring at him with our eyes huge and our mouths open. We'd never seen Dad move this fast in the morning!! Seth was grasping the side of his neck with the most bewildered look I've ever seen, and he exclaimed "There's a banana in my bed!" After the peels (nice pun!) of laughter subsided I mentally made a note...I learned a very easy way to get my man outta bed in the morning. =D And, Seth promptly went digging for that high chair...

No comments:

Post a Comment