Sunday, April 4, 2010

Haywire Honeymoon

No one has a honeymoon story like mine. Yes, I've been married almost 3 years but the scars from those days still exist and run deep. ;-)

Thursday, May 10th, 2007 Seth and I tied the knot in Quartz Hill, California. We got married in CA because Seth graduated from college there (on May 9th) and my family who is in evangelism was in the same area of CA that week. It was a small but beautiful wedding and after the ceremony we drove about 2 hours to stay at a beach house for the weekend. It was a beautiful house. It has 4 large rooms, a fully stocked kitchen, and it was RIGHT ON the Pacific ocean. We dropped our stuff at the beach house then found a little place to eat. As we were sitting there some Mormons came in. I thought they were Jehovah's Witnesses. Seth corrected me and then proceeded to explain the difference between the two. He was telling me how the Mormon religion started. A man named JOSEPH SMITH did this, and JOSEPH SMITH believe that and JOSEPH SMITH wrote some weird book...Every time Seth said JOSPEH SMITH and would raise his voice quite a bit. I was a little embarrassed because the Mormons who had come in would look our way each time. Finally, from BEHIND us an older couple said, "Excuse us, we couldn't help but overhear your conversation..." (yeah, I wonder why, old Power Lungs over here...) They asked why we were talking about JOSEPH SMITH! Seth moved into their booth in a second and we spent an hour debating with the oldest mormons in the world, except for JOSEPH SMITH, of course.
I'd been married 4 hours...I should've seen the signs.

We spent our first night together at the lovely beach house and then on Friday we drove 2 hours to pick up some of our bridal party. Seth's friends Matt and JB and my friend Katie had all flown in for our wedding and we hadn't got to really see them. They all live in different states from Seth and I but we're all pretty close. We wanted to spend some time with them. We picked them up on Friday and we had a wonderful evening together in that beach house. We made french toast and stayed up late watching movies. The next day, Saturday, we all went out hiking. It was a blast...and I've yet to meet anyone who took 3 friends along with them on their honeymoon. Saturday night we took Katie, and Matt and JB to the airport and the left for home. Seth and I stayed Saturday night in the beach house alone....=D

Sunday we went to church and that afternoon we went and visited a Pastor's family who are dear friends of mine. Mrs. Shapiro, the pastor's wife had made my BEAUTIFUL wedding cake and helped with the wedding in general. It was good to see them that afternoon.

The next week was fun. We decided to go site seeing as we drove back to Michigan. First stop was the Grand Canyon. I can't remember what day we got there but we were able to spend one day hiking around in the Canyon. It was my second time to see it but Seth's first. No matter how many times you see it it's always breath-taking. Seth did scare the living daylights out of me. We were hiking on this ridge and he was on the edge. All of a sudden he "fell off." I screamed and ran to the edge because it was well over a 600 ft drop. He had jumped onto a TWO foot ledge that was jutting off of the ledge we were hiking on. He thought it was funny....

We left the Grand Canyon and headed up to Colorado. We took old 66 some of the way. One night we left our hotel and walked the streets of the small town we were in. There was an old 50's diner some way down the road. It was so adorable! It had neon green and pink lights and all the decor was green and pink. (pastel green and pink) It was so cute we decided we should get one of their homemade rootbeer floats. We got our float and sat outside in the warm, muggy night under the neon lights. I took a sip of the float, then Seth took a sip. He handed it back to me and I said, "Oh no, it's okay, you can have it."
Seth said "Oh, no, YOU can have it..."
We both started laughing. We had just spent 5 dollars on a root beer float that I think they made with vinegar and sour washcloths. It was awful. We poured it onto the grass and watched the grass wither away...

Stay tuned to hear how we get locked into a federal building, missed 3 flights and seth got hit on my male hookers...

No comments:

Post a Comment